Stephanie Hubert - 3D Modeler

When joining FACTS I was placed with their group in Spruce Grove to work on a city outreach project. Spruce Grove had an upcoming city council meeting that was to discuss certain changes to it city center location that would drastically affect the local residents and businesses. This Area Redevelopment Plan (ARP) was currently goin unnoticed by most people within Spruce Grove so a local business owner came to FACTS net and asked if we could create a presentation for a town hall meeting for local residents to come be informed.

As my skills are very centered around animation I had very specific tasks for the ARP such as creating art that would be used in the presentation. For the town hall presentation I worked on two separate images. The first a photoshopped image of a local business called Jack’s Drive-In made to look more like the proposed changes to other businesses in the city’s ARP. The second was a very basic concept for a heritage building, built in Autodesk Maya, for Spruce Grove that the city didn’t have but could be added for changes mentioned in the town hall.

Afterwards our group focused on creating a website that would act as a business directory for Spruce Grove, as nothing like that existed online for Spruce Grove. My job was to create art that could be used for the Website. At first I thought of creating a short animation to advertise the website but I saw that this would take too much time and I didn’t have the proper assets for it. Instead I created three short animations that could be used as transitional images. They were photographs taken by my groups photographer and then put through a process in Autodesk Maya that would give the images and 3D look to them as the camera would pan in close.

No comments:

Post a Comment